I received the complete schedule of events that Bicycle Retailer & Industry News compiles every year for Interbike. Looking over it, it always amazes me with all the awesome events, signings, giveaways and other happenings that our exhibitors put together for all the retailers that are traveling out to the show. You can see the whole list in the “2008 Schedule” link above orhere.
Here’s a few (very few) highlights to whet your appetite (if times aren’t listed, check the schedule as they may happen on more than one day):
- Free Gelato [served with the biggest Italian smiles] courtesy of Fi’zi:k Booth D2179. All Day, both days.
- Free massages for women demoing Giant bikes. Giant for Women tent. All Day, both days.
- Group rides with Chris Van Dine, Aaron Chase and Tinker Juarez. Cyclocross Clinic with Cross Champion Tim Johnson. 3 p.m. Day Two – Tuesday. Booth D3309.
- The Awesome Dudes Printing guys will print Interbike T-shirts off their screen press track bike, which was created as part of Fuji’s Rolling Canvas Art Collective. Fuji Booth 1825. See schedule for times.
- BMX Olympians Mike Day and Jill Kintner sign autographs in USA Cycling’s Booth 6225. See schedule for times.
- Canari Cyclewear will have two graphic designers doing free jersey design. No obligation to order. Booths 1381 and 1581. [Ed: sorely needed service in the bike club community...]
- Guess how many Dahons fit in a Toyota Prius. A Prius will be at the booth stuffed with Dahon Curve D3 bikes. Guess correctly and win a Dahon Mu XXV. Drawing will be Friday morning. Booth 3541.
- “Do You Have a Dream of Starting an Inner City Cycling Team in Your Town?” clinic at b.i.k.e. Booth L4.
- Meet Giant team riders Olympian Adam Craig and Singlespeed World Champion Carl Decker. Mountain Flyer Magazine/Secret Agent Publishing, LLC Booth 403.
Not on any schedule:
Possible very large press conference on Thursday morning. Details to come.